How to keep your credit card and debit card safe?
We strongly recommend that you pay attention to the points stated below for your security while using your credit or debit card.
Upon receiving your credit card or debit card
- Sign the back of your new card as soon as you receive it
- Never disclose your PIN (Personal Identification Number) to anyone
- Never leave your credit or debit card unattended when using any Point-of-Sale
- Never let your credit or debit card out of your sight
- Monitor the transaction process carefully
- Verify the transaction amount before signing the receipt
- Never sign a blank transaction receipt
- Ensure that you received a copy of the receipt and keep it safe
- Ensure that your own card is returned after each transaction at ATMs
- Shield your PIN from unauthorized copying
- Never allow someone to stand too close behind you at ATMs whilst entering your PIN
- Ensure that you collect your card before leaving either ATMs or Points-of-Sale
- Remember to collect the ATM receipt and keep it safe
- Report any card retained by the ATM immediately to QNB KSA by calling the Customer Care Centre on 920010990
- Report any suspicious movement , persons or devices near the ATM
Use your credit card only at established and reputed websites
Look out for the security policy of the web merchant
Use the 3-digit CVV code printed on the card signature panel if required through the telephone
Use your credit card only at reputed mail order/telephone order merchants
Avoid authorizing recurring subscriptions for more than 6 months
Tracking and Verification
Never throw away your transaction receipts
Retain your monthly credit card account statements
Verify all entries on the statement with your receipts
Activate the QNB SMS service and receive instant text messages every time your card is used
Report any transaction disputes or suspicious credit card usage promptly
Report any unauthorized transactions immediately to the QNB KSA Customer Care Centre at 920010990
Inform QNB in writing of changes to your mailing address and contact number
Change your PIN from time to time
Never keep your card & PIN (personal Identification number) together.
Change your PIN from time to time
Report any suspicious movement , persons or devices near the ATM
Reconcile your account statement frequently
Never keep your card & PIN (personal Identification number) together
Email Scams and Phishing
1. If you receive an email that appears to come from QNB advising you to click on a link to visit our website and asking to verify your personal details, simply ignore the email and immediately call our Call Center on the following number 920010990. This email is sent from criminals looking to steal your money.
2. The email will direct you to a site that will ask you to verify your details. You should never give these details away, Even if the site looks genuine, remember that QNB will never update or verify personal details by email
3. In the case of receiving a scam email, please forward it on to email@example.com
Protect yourself by identifying scam emails :
1. Never access the QNB Internet Banking site from a link in an e-mail
2. Scam emails often state in the subject and in the email that you need to update or confirm your personal details
3. We NEVER ask you for personal details by email
4. Scam emails will often ask for your account number, username, password, and sometimes card details
5. Scam emails aren't normally addressed to you by name, as they don't generally know any of your details other than your email address
6. Scam emails can sometimes be signed by the Security Department. or Trust Department. These departments never send direct email to our customers
7. Scam emails pretend that the link to the page they send you to is secure or is the Internet Banking page
Protect yourself from fake websites
1. When you want to access our website, enter the address of QNB Internet Banking (https://ib.qnb.com). Never access it from untrusted links
2. Check the beginning of the web address in your browser’s address bar to make sure you're on a secure web server - it should be
"https://" rather than just "http://"
3. Always look for the padlock icon at the bottom of the browser window for secure online transactions/banking
4. Subscribe to our SMS alerts service to be notified by SMS whenever a transaction happens on your account
5. It is recommended that you change your Internet Banking password every 1-3 months at least
6. Regularly log into your online accounts
7. Consider installing a web browser tool bar to help protect you from known fraud websites. You can download an excellent tool from here: http://www.earthlink.net/earthlinktoolbar
Telephone Calls Scams and Phishing
1. Do not accept to share your bank information with any caller
2. Avoid sharing your banking information with any call claiming you have won a cash prize through QNB or any other type of prizes
3. Caller usually asks the customer to provide either their bank information directly or some specific information related to their mobile phone SIM card.
4. That information can be used by the caller/fraudster to hack the customer’s mobile phone, which, in turn, could then allow that person to set-up an Internet Banking user id (if the customer isn’t already registered) and somehow receive the SMS confirmation to a separate phone
5. Customers should be suspicious of anyone asking for their mobile phone or banking details
Please be advised that QNB will never actively contact you to request your full bank information.
QNB takes the privacy of customer information very seriously, and will take necessary action to protect customer data.
If you receive such a call please do not share any information, instead, contact QNB on the official contact number to notify us.
Was this information helpful?